Hello, I’m Andrea.
I won’t lie. Like 99.9% of us, I love talking about myself. So fascinating! So flawed!
But seriously, I’ll try to keep it to a few (13?) bullet points.
- UX researcher at Google
- Master’s student in Human Factors in Information Design at Bentley University
- Live in San Francisco since late 2013 after 8 amazing years in Shanghai
- Inspired to join the UX field after seeing how others used design for social impact
- Communications consultant at a WPP agency for clients like IHG and Ford
- Brought global non-profit e-Learning For Kids into China as country lead, handling everything from strategy and research to securing our local partner.
- Chief editor of a popular lifestyle media platform
- Cross-cultural translator between China and the US
- Grew up in Hong Kong, Toronto, Singapore and New York City
- Languages: English (native), Cantonese & Mandarin (general working proficiency)
- Love Asian emoticons (WeChat!) and old school video games (Donkey Kong!)
- Chaotic wet markets = my happy place
- News junkie, particularly stories on China, education, ageing, public transport and cross-cultural anything
My ego thanks you for stopping by!